Application Deadline: July 31, 2018
AmplifyChange is inviting applications for its Network grants to contribute to the development of stronger and more inclusive movements for Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR). These grants aim to fuel the growth of a new generation of organisations and advocacy leaders including youth-led and gender-rights groups, legal and health advocacy groups.
- Safe Abortion networks (particularly those supporting emerging movements in West, Central and North Africa)
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex networks supporting civil society organisations in West and Central Africa
- Networks working to improve access to comprehensive reproductive health services for poor, vulnerable and marginalised populations (for example, people living with disability).
Value: Network grants range from EUR150,000 to EUR550,000 over 2 years.
The eligibility criteria refer solely to the lead applicant. They are:
- The applicant organisation must be registered in sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, or MENA (see eligible country list here)
- The project must be implemented in sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, MENA (see eligible country list above)
- The applicant organisation must have a bank account
- The annual value of the grant cannot exceed 50% of your organisation’s average annual expenditure over the last 3 years. So, for example, if you are applying for a grant of EUR250,000 over 24 months and you would receive EUR125,000 each year, you would need to be able to demonstrate that your organisation’s average annual expenditure for the last 3 years was at least EUR250,000 per year
- Organisations must have registration status that enables them to receive funds from foreign sources
- Organisations must have been registered for at least 3 years
- Please see “Enabling Southern-Led Advocacy” for eligibility of northern-led civil society organisations
Your project must respond to one or more of the Amplify Change priorities which are:
- Addressing gender-based violence, including sexual violence and female genital mutilation, and ending child, early and forced marriage
- Addressing the causes of unsafe abortion, including criminalisation of abortion
- Challenging stigma, discrimination, attitudes and laws that undermine human rights, including on grounds of gender identity or sexual orientation, particularly LGBTI (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex) individuals
- Increasing access to comprehensive reproductive health services for socially and economically marginalised and vulnerable people
- Improving sexual health of young people and girls, including through comprehensive sexuality education and ending child, early and forced marriage and menstrual hygiene management
Therefore, we will support:
- community groups
- non-governmental organisations
- indigenous groups
- charitable organisations
- faith-based organisations
- research institutes
- social enterprise groups
- public-private partnerships
- media groups
- professional associations
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, Middle-East or North Africa.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. For more information, you may visit AmplifyChange.