Application Deadline: July 31, 2018
To increase the technological basis of motion systems combined with data analytics, Ghent University is looking for a postdoctoral researcher with a strong track record in motion systems within mechanical engineering/mechatronics applications, having knowledge on electromechanical physical models, optimization techniques, control methods and data analytics technology.
The mission of the candidate is to intertwine the hardware of manufacturing industries and their behavioral physics-based models closely with smart data-driven software to increase their operational efficiency, performance and reliability.
Value: Ghent University offers-
- A 2 year period postdoctoral position with a competitive salary.
- The candidate will have access to state-of-the-art tools and facilities, a network of Flemish companies active in the manufacturing industry, and the possibility to collaborate with other research groups.
- The candidate will be directly embedded in an international research group of +20 people that work together as a team and will have the possibility to collaborate with many other people active at UGent both associated with Flanders Make and IMEC.
- The research group is situated in Ghent, a lively city at the heart of Europe (https://visit.gent.be/en/HOME).
- Starting date: as soon as possible, but flexible.
Degree Level: Postdoctoral Research
Study Field: Research Fellowship in Smart Motion Systems.
Award Provider : Ghent University is a public research university located in Ghent, Belgium. It was established in 1817 by King William I of the Netherlands. The University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium.
Place of Study: Belgium
Number of Fellowship: Not Known
Eligible Countries: Fellowships are open to international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria-
- You hold a PhD, or should be expecting a PhD in the near future.
- You have experience in or understanding of electromechanical/mechatronic systems.
- You have experience in the modelling of dynamical systems, optimization techniques, control methods.
- You have experience in or understanding of data-driven models and data analytics.
- You have minimum 4 years or more experience in a highly renowned research institution.
- The required skills are: working with electromechanical models, data-driven models, sensor data, motion control, dynamic systems. Experience in artificial intelligence would be a plus.
- You have a team player mindset, a strong personality and work in a result-oriented manner.
- You are creative, willing to work in a multidisciplinary context.
- You are proficient in oral and written English and have strong communication skills.
- You are able to extend your network and able to talk on technical matters.
English Language Requirement: Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; English Language proficiency.
Application Procedure: Please send your CV, containing a list of publications, a summary of past research, contact information of 2 or 3 referees, and a motivation letter to Prof. Guillaume Crevecoeur (Guillaume.Crevecoeur@ugent.be) and dr. Jeroen De Maeyer (Jeroen.DeMaeyer@ugent.be).