Application Deadline: July 31, 2018
The Graduate School, Stellenbosch University in South Africa invites applications for international scholarships. The scholarships are available to pursue PhD research programme in various fields at the graduate school.
Scholarship Provider: Stellenbosch University.
Place of Study: South Africa
Degree Level: Scholarship is available to pursue doctoral degree programme.
Value: Prospective students may apply for full scholarships, which amounts to at least R138 000 per year for three years.
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified.
Eligible Nationalities: The Scholarships are open to all
Candidates must meet the minimum criteria to be considered for a scholarship:
- A candidate has to meet the minimum criteria for admission to a PhD at Stellenbosch University. This requires a master’s degree in the relevant discipline or, in exceptional circumstances, an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates must have achieved a grade of 65% in their master’s programmes.
- Candidates must be under forty years of age when the programme commences in January.
- Only applications in one of the Faculty’s Research Themes will be considered.
- All students who meet the above criteria will be considered.
- Read the criteria for eligibility stated above
- Fill in the application form
- You will be required to write a letter motivating your suitability for the scholarship (maximum length: one A4 page), as well as a research proposal (no maximum length) on one or more selected research topics or problems which you intend to study in the course of your doctoral programme. These should be completed on the application form in the relevant sections.
- Please consult the 2019 Research Themes to guide you in choosing a research topic. Research topics outside the listed research themes can be accommodated only if it falls within the current research themes that are active in one of the Faculty’s academic departments.
- Please note that scholarships can only be awarded where the Faculty is able to appoint a suitable supervisor for the topic to be studied.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee entry. There are limited scholarships available and awards are made on a competitive basis.
- Please ensure that your three references are informed that their referee reports stating your capability to complete doctoral studies should be sent directly to the Graduate School via email (GEM@sun.ac.za) on or before 31 July 2018.
- Send your completed application form electronically to: GEM@sun.ac.za
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not received communication from the Graduate School Office by the 12th of October 2018, the application should be considered as unsuccessful.
- The new intake of PhD will commence their studies on the 21st of January 2019.