Deadline: October 31, 2018.
The Vanier Canadian Graduate Scholarship was launched by the Canadian Government to strengthen Canada’s ability to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and establish Canada as a global centre of excellence in research and Learning.
Degree Level: PhD
Place of Study: Canada
Areas of Research:
- Health Research
- Natural Sciences and / or Engineering Research
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research
Value: $50, 000 per year.
Duration: 3 years (non-renewable)
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
Number of Scholarships: 166
Eligible Countries: All
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to apply
- Doctoral awards are tenable only in degree programs that have a significant research component. The research component must be a requirement for completion of the program, and is considered to be significant original, autonomous research that leads to the completion of a dissertation, major scholarly publication, performance, recital and/or exhibit that is merit reviewed at the institutional level. Clinically-oriented programs of study, including clinical psychology, are also eligible programs if they have a significant research component, as described above.
Note: ResearchNet will only allow the creation of one application per applicant. Applicants should only seek a nomination from the institution at which they want to study and are advised to discuss their decision with the nominating institution before they submit the application through ResearchNet
How to Apply: Candidates most be nominated by the university at which they want to study. Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships program.