The Central Asian Desert Initiative (CADI) invites applications for its CADI fellowship programme. The fellowship aims at scientists that have the support of their home countries institution and a clear commitment to a career in their country of origin. The fellowship programme will be completed in Greifswald(Germany) at the Michal Succow Foundation in close cooperation with the University of Greifswald.
Deadline: June 30, 2018
Provider: Central Asian Desert Initiative(CADI)
Programme: Research on conservation and sustainable use of temperate deserts.
- Monthly grant of 1,000 € for a period of up to 12 months
- One-time travel allowance of 750 €
- Field -, laboratory equipment up to an amount of 2,000 €, upon approval based on a sound scientific justification
- Individual supervision
- Involvement into an international network of scientists and practitioners for the conservation and sustainable use of deserts
Eligible Nationalities: Postgraduate scientists from China, Iran, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
Requirements: Target groups are postgraduate senior scientists, who preferably have at least three years of professional experience and preferably are older than 40 years.
- Applications should include periods of field surveys et cetera and, if relevant, target groups including an outline of the methodology to be applied and an explanation why your research is unique and relevant for CADI (maximum of 1,200 words).
- All documents should be submitted in English. The endorsement letter can be written also in Russian.
- The application should be submitted via email to fanny.mundt(at)succow-stiftung.de.