The University of Limerick (UL) in Ireland is seeking applications from serious researchers interested in applying for Marie Sklodowska-Curie International Fellowships in collaboration with the Centre For Early Modern Studies.
Marie Sklodowska-Curie International Fellowships fund excellent researchers looking to enhance their career development and prospects by working abroad.
The Marie Sklodowska-Curie actions (MSCA) aim to support the career development and training of researchers in all scientific disciplines through international and intersectoral mobility.
The Centre for Early Modern Studies, established in 2016, supports the research activities of scholars of the history and culture of the sixteenth, seventeenth and eighteenth centuries at the University of Limerick and Mary Immaculate College, Limerick. The Centre has core membership of 19 scholars and is multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary in character.
Deadline: September 12, 2018
Programme: Post doctoral degree
Who Can apply?-Postdoctoral researchers of any nationality
. Viable research themes relating to the collection might include but are not restricted to:
- The history of the Bolton Library
- The profile of the collection: analysis of subject concentrations and distribution; of the material character of the books; of book provenance
- The political, social, confessional and devotional purposes and implications of book collecting
- Book collecting and self-fashioning
- Interactions with the book trade
- Readers, reading cultures and reading spaces
- Experienced researchers: e. a doctoral degree or four years of research experience
- Mobility is required: come to Europe or work in another EU country
- Read the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships terms and conditions to ensure you are eligible (the 2018 Guide for Applicants is available here)
To Apply: To respond to this call please send a synopsis of your proposed research project (1 page), your CV and a list of publications, awards and funding received to your intended mentor and to the Director of the Centre for Early Modern Studies, Dr Richard Kirwan (firstname.lastname@example.org), copying email@example.com, by 18th June 2018.